Header

Mrs. King at Home About Mrs. King Contact Mrs. King Mrs. King's Music Class HOME Image Map

Soundtrack of My Life


My 6th graders are preparing to move to JH. They have just a few days of 6th grade left.  This week we reflected on life events and how music has played a role in them.  We discussed the purpose of music in commercials, movies, ceremonies and ballgames.  Then I asked students to write about music in their lives by creating a playlist of life events and songs that go with them.  I LOVE how thoughtful and funny they were.  Here are a few samples:


The time my dog died: “My Heart Will Go On”

My 1st Cardinal’s Game: “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”

My Birthday: “Born to Be Wild”

My First Bath:  “Splish Splash”

My 1st Sleepover: “Party in the U.S.A.”

The 3rd Time I Moved: “Life is a Highway”

I Was Born: “Celebrate!”

My 1st Birthday: “It’s a Great Day to Be Alive”

3rd Grade Sleepover: “Why Can’t We Be Friends?”

My 1st Bike Wreck: “Another One Bites the Dust”

My 1st Cell Phone: “Call Me Maybe”

Mom and Dad’s Divorce: “Mockingbird”

First Day of School: “I’m Sexy and I Know It”
 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! It gets them thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete